Self-defense using Judo. I make a few assumptions here. Self-defense is not as simple as this. Also, if the person that is attacking you is skilled, then it things change.
Judo is a self-improvement tool! That being said, here are some self defense tips and ideas:
1. Always keep your hands up.
2. Assume that most people are right-handed. You can usually tell what side they are dominant to based on which leg they are leading with.
Part one: Circle to their weak side and expect a looping hand. Close distance and pin their dominant hand with an overhook and use your dominant hand to collar tie. Turn throw time! Or o uchi, de ashi, and a huge ko soto gake.
Part two: Fake double leg with a level change to avoid strikes. Climb up the body and take the back. From here, there are many options. Te guruma, or a high crotch is one.
Remember, as a grappler the goal is to close the distance before getting hit in the face.My youtube membership
1. My JudoFanatics Instruction
Judo Basics by Shintaro Higashi
2. Ever wanted pockets on your Gi pants? Here it is! http://bit.ly/2RLl13Z
3. This Non-profit helps fund Local Judo athletes. Give today!
4. Follow me on social
5. 🥋 My favorite apparel🥋
Best apparel company http://bit.ly/2lKJwAE
Favorite gi: http://bit.ly/2Ch3uYl
BEST VALUE: My everyday affordable gi http://bit.ly/2C7JUOt
To wear under the gi: http://bit.ly/2mHlWVI
The ONLY Athletic Tape I use: https://amzn.to/2oiuDHl
View original video here